Sunday, April 10, 2011

15 Q's for Duch





I was lucky enough to hit up Duch (@everydayduch) with some interview questions. He's coming up strong in Milwaukee, so be sure to check these out!




1. What is your name? Age/s?
 DUCH 29

2. Where are you from?
Milwaukee, WI


3. How long have you been doing music?
I've been writing for about 15 years but I've been serious for about 8 or 9 years


4. Any new projects in the works?

I'm working on a new mixtape called Defining Moments and a new project so I'm just recording a lot of music.

5. Describe your sound? Influences?

My sound is different coming from Milwaukee. I just do me. Most of the music that I make is in the moment, so so it's all over the place. My influences range from Prince to Jay Z. I don't limit myself to just hip hop. I listen to rock, pop, r&b basically everything and I think it shows in the music.

6. What motivates you to keep pushing as an artist?

The music! U love creating. The feeling when it all comes together Is priceless.

7. How has your music progressed over time?

When I first started I did a lot of mixtapes  so I was just rapping. I learned how make songs. I found my lane and my sound.

8. How many songs/albums have you recorded?

As a solo artist I just have BAGGAGE CLAIM out but I've done a lot of songs. I just setup my studio at the house so I'm starting to record a lot more. We just put out a song called GET PAID with lah-kid. I got some more songs that we're gonna start puttin out.

9. What is the craziest story you’ve encountered as an artist?

Just running into fans that I don't know but they know me from the music
And them saying that they like what I do. It's just crazy to have fans.

10. If you could do a collab with any artist, who would it be?

Kanye, cause he's not scared to push the limit with music. I feel I'm the same way one of my songs on BAGGAGE CLAIM called Blizzard love I sang instead of rapping. I that's just what I heard when we was making it. It was before everyone started using the Auto tune so it was different.

11. Any special words for your fans/supporters?

I really just wanna thank everyone for the support. Cause in Milwaukee we tend to like south/club music and for people to respond the way they did meant a lot.

12. Any words for the haters?

Thanks. Your my motivation.

13. Where can we hear or buy your music at?
There's a link to BAGGAGE CLAIM  on eighty8clothing.com I also have the link on my twitter Page @everydayduch. I'm working on a website as we speak so when that's up I'll have a section where u can download the music.

14. What makes you different or stand out from other artists?
Me being me. Everyones music should be different because everyone thinks and feels a different type of way. Some people just do what's popular instead of being themselves. When u hear my music you hear me. That's the compliments that Ive been getting.
15. Any final words of wisdom? Shout outs?
I wanna shout out everyone on my team and my fans , my family and my friends.

Never be afraid to dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment